Friday, December 5, 2008

Thts lyfe...

Its not in tranquility that I write these words,

Nor is it the humming bees or d singing birds.

With moist eyes n silent lips, trembling hands and a broken heart,

I am wit my friends, my loved ones from whom I shall soon part.

Like strangers we met, in this journey called life

But now these thoughts Oh! It cuts like a knife.

Through ups and downs with friends n foes

I prayed this road should never end

Some walked away, some swore to b there

Side by side n hand in hand

And walk with me as far as the road goes.

Some smiled and forgot, some forgot to smile

And some a helping hand did lend.

Years back when this journey dawned

Little did I know little did I guess

That through sleepy classes n shady lawns

Through last night studies n partying in the mess

In the end I shall stand where it had all started

And soon it shall be time to look beyond.

I feel so lost, lost in this lonely crowd of men,

I know not why, but time seems to stop

Or did it not and was just another wish again?

Oh why isn’t there a grain to stop

To stop the sand in the hourglass?

And why does no one try to stop

To stop the wheel of time Alas!

I hurt myself again and again

Though I knew the truth so plain so bare

As if I enjoyed this sweet pain

This enmity and hatred, this love and care.

I tried in vain to hold back time

Oh but its like a slippery fish

And that the effort is not worth a dime

I sigh to myself,” It’s just another wish…Its just, another wish…”.

No comments: