Friday, February 20, 2009

100$

A good branded watch (a long time dream)…an amount equivalent to a part of a monthly savings back in INDIA…repaying someone’s kindness….which one of these should I choose is what was going thru my mind that day when I left my first accommodation in US to go ahead with one near to my office…and I chose the last option. Cause for me, a friendly face, a welcome note and a homely attitude meant a lot more than 100$. I was the one who backed out and told that I won’t be able to stay there as my office was far and he was the one who supported me in my decision. So did it really matter to me that I made him accept 100$ for staying there just for 4 days when the actual amount was even less than 50$, NO. He was completely denying taking anything but I dint want to be known as someone who came, lived and just walked away breaking his word. I don’t live by what other’s think…but I don’t even like someone pointing a finger at me. And at that point of time I believed my word valued much more than a 100$ note. At least for those 4 days I lived as if I was in my own house…and that is what made the difference…and am happy about it.

No comments: